Moose Jaw. An Urban Centre with Historic Charm, a wealth of heritage and culture and a name remembered around the world.
175 Kilometres from the U.S. Border, nestled in a picturesque valley where the Moose Jaw River and Thunder Creek meet.
Agriculture, including cereal, pulse, and special crops, cattle and hogs; manufacturing and processing; mining; service and retail.
CPR, XL Foods, Mosaic Company, The Canadian Salt Co., Saskatchewan Minerals, Doepker Industries Ltd., Bombardier, Yara Belle Plaine Inc., General Cable, and Moose Jaw Refinery.
- The activities and projects highlighted indicate our region is in positive position for expanding markets and customers.
- On average, Moose Jaw has one of the lowest housing costs per capita in Canada.
- Moose Jaw Population: 34,156 (2007 SaskHealth Covered Population)
- Largest distribution centre for livestock in Saskatchewan and key grain storage and distribution centre.
- Highly skilled and motivated labour force, with a strong work ethic.
- Situated on the CPR mainline, the largest rail terminal between Winnipeg and Calgary.
- The Soo Line, a wholly owned subsidiary of the CPR provides Moose Jaw with direct freight access to Minneapolis and Chicago.
- CN Rail and a number of shortline railways also connect with Moose Jaw.
- Connected to three major highways, providing access to all major North American markets.
- Close proximity to 15 Wing, a major NATO pilot training centre, which also is home to the internationally renowned Snowbirds aerobatics team.
- Large residential theological seminary for more than 1,000 students.
- Tremendous tourist resource featuring the Temple Gardens Mineral Spa, Murals of Moose Jaw, The Tunnels of Moose Jaw, Casino Moose Jaw, Western Development Museum, Claybank Brick Plant, Chaplin Nature Centre - A shorebird reserve of global significance.
Home of the Snowbirds, Canada's Flight Aerobatic Demonstration Team, NFTC (NATO Flying Training in Canada Program) and the Saskatchewan Headquarters for the CPR.
Moose Jaw is a thriving, vibrant and progressive community with positive economic indicators. Our predications remain strong for increases in employment, commercial development and tourism.